Garage48 is growing - join us!
As we are getting ready for a busy event season in autumn, we are looking for the next superstar to join our team. As a project manager, you will be working alongside our amazing team. Your main responsibilities will be taking the lead in event organisation including coordinating the full process from planning to marketing to correct documentation and smart budgeting.
Garage48 event series was started in 2010 by 6 successful Estonian startup founders as a way to bring the Silicon Valley attitude to this side of the world. Today our founders are leading some of the top startups in Estonia - Pipedrive, Taxify, Weekdone, Fortumo, Mooncascade. Garage48 and our Tallinn based co-working space LIFT99 are among the central organisations of the Estonian startup scene. Our goal at Garage48 is to organise hackathon events that boost local startup ecosystems all over Eastern and Central Europe, Africa and Asia, to help to build communities and to promote the entrepreneurial mindset.
Have you always been wow’ed by startups and innovative ideas? Are you flexible, eager to learn, into tech and have got what it takes to conquer the world? This job is for you!
1. coordinating the organisation of hackathon events in both in Estonia and foreign countries, including:
* managing local project management activities, including finances, logistics (venue, catering, supplies), volunteer and mentor outreach
* managing partnership deals
* coordinating the local marketing and media activities including social media, blogging, community outreach etc
* handling communication with event participants
2. Writing tender proposals/projects. Managing and overseeing correct reporting and documentation of these projects.
3. contributing to the overall communication of Garage48 brand, including:
* managing social media accounts, press-releases, web publicity etc
* creating content (blog posts, interviews, success stories etc)
1. (Not yet discovered) passion for tech and start-ups!
2. Highly organised & care about correct documentation and budgeting. You have a skill to communicate with state institutions.
3. People’s person, enjoy communicating with all sorts of people
4. Responsible and responsive
5. Take pleasure in solving problems
6. Willingness to contribute to the fast-paced environment
7. Good presentation and writing skills
8. Excellent in Estonian and English, knowledge of Russian is a bonus
1. The job is based in the coolest office in Tallinn - LIFT99 located in Telliskivi Loomelinnak
2. Possibility to attend the year-round community events and workshops in LIFT99
3. Travelling and getting to know other cultures - attending hackathon events in different countries
4. Wide network of connections in the IT sector
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, please send us your resume, salary expectation and a cover letter to email@example.com
Include in your cover letter 3 points: 1) why do you want to work with us, 2) what makes you tick/get out of bed in the mornings, 3) what has been the toughest challenge in your professional life and what did you learn from it.
Deadline: Jaanipäev, 23 June