Garage48 team back in Oman @ Sas48H week-end event
Speaking about choosing the city Sohar instead of the capital Muscat to host the 2nd edition of Sas48h, Maha Mohammad Al Balushi, Director of Sas Programme for Entrepreneurship, said: "We chose Sohar to host the second edition of this competition to prove that the Omani talent is not confined to the capital city only. This year we cooperated with Sohar port and a number of companies working in the industrial area in Sohar to determine the applications needed in this area to be utilized by those companies and therefore achieve our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and the establishment of small companies in this vital sector."
Al Balushi added: "We will be working over 48 hours continuously under the supervision of and support from a dedicated team from the Republic of Estonia and the Information Technology Authority as well as from some specialists in the industrial companies in Sohar. This year we are focusing on conducting a series of specialized workshops in the art of leadership, governance as well as in the field of design and development of software and applications."
We had 25 ideas pitched yesterday and 15 of them are currently actively working on their projects in competing for the Grand Prize of 10 000 OMR (around 19 000€) of 50% in cash and 50% on mentorship and help to finish their mobile application.
Below the list of ideas pitched and in bold are underlined the projects currently in development:
1. Rasheer - food delivery mobile application
2. 360 - find a plumber or electric just from the web platform with all the contacts
3. Bazaar Gallery - web market platform for professional sellers to sell their handmade products
4. Book a number - Stand in a line through your phone – book a number through an app and know when your time will come
5. Car cooling system - control the car temperature through your phone
6. Katsha - platform for those who want to learn to drive, gives information about driving schools and their services and teachers
7. Life Academy - online video training platform for young artists
8. Moued - book appointments online
9. Last Ticket - Sell movie tickets online from people to people
10. Concept Electric - get connected with the nearest electric whenever there is electrical emergency
11. Estrahat Oman - platform to search and book a farm to stay in
12. My MEC – information about lectures and timetable on a mobile app for students
13. Oman Guide - a mobile application for tourists to book trips, transportation and accommodation from different tourist companies to have a bigger and better choice
14. E-property - sell and rent real-estate properties, both business and individual clients
15. Online Ad Zone - Clients can enter all details about their advertisement to the online portal and choose where and when their advertisement will be shown
16. Sufra - mobile application to order home meals made by local housewives
17. Tayseer - information and booking trips for muslims for hajj (holy trip)
18. IQ - e-Government service for citizens to provide details of documents what is needed for a specific action
19. Vendy - Redesign existing vending machines to make them more intelligent.
20. Tourism Guidance App - tourism search app to get information about restaurants and entertainment
21. Fingerprint application - An application for blind people to make it easy to type and connect with other people.
22. Invest ON - a platform to connect people with great ideas with investors, partners, mentors and knowhow to start businesses
23. Restaurant delivery - application to order food from a restaurant
24. LabourForce - a platform to help to find new employees mostly help for home, babysitters, cleaners etc
25. TaLatuKi- Mobile application for wedding dresses by different producers.